KolorFast® Tissue Frog
These non-bleeding amphibians look great in the classroom or at home. They can be made in multiple sizes and colors. The possibilities are endless!
- Give It Shape: From a sheet of Green Fadeless Art Board cut out an oval for the frogs body and for the legs cut two long strips, and two short strips. Glue the shorter strips at one end of the oval and the longer strips on the opposite end.
- Make It Dimensional: Crumple up two balls of tissue paper one small and one large. These will give the frogs body and head shape. Glue the balls of paper onto the oval. The smaller one by the short legs and the larger one by the back legs.
- Give It Feet: Cut four pieces of 4″x4″ tissue paper. Fold each sheet in half and in half again. Then, accordion fold each sheet back and forth the long way to give it a wavy affect. Glue two pieces to the ends of the long hind legs and two pieces to the ends of the shorter front legs.
- Wrap It: Tear random shapes and sizes of Kolorfast Tissue Paper, then begin gluing the pieces around the body and legs of the frog. Use the paint brush to spread the glue and flatten the pieces against the shape of the body. REMEMBER: You will need to make a mouth so leave a space in the front so the mouth can open. (If you crease the legs in random places it will give it a more life like form).
- Add Taste! Cut a strip of red art board for the tongue and a 1/2 oval of yellow for inside the mouth. Glue the yellow to the bottom part of the mouth then add the tongue.
- Embellish: Add two large wiggly eyes to the head and some dots of green glitter to the frogs back.