Lamb Ears Project
The old saying goes…if March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb. Combine this project with our Lion Ears project for a fun month of March.
Lesson Plan Ideas:
- Explain that the first half of March is winter and the second half turns to spring with March 20th being the first day of spring. That’s why the saying “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb” is appropriate for March.
- Have an interactive conversation about winter versus spring. What aspects of winter and spring weather make it more like a lion or a lamb?
- Let your students tell you which season they like better, winter or spring? Then let them make the ears that best fit them.
- Covering The Headband: Cut two long pieces of felt that are about 1″ wide. Glue the felt to the top of the headband. Wrap both sides of the felt around and glue underneath. Cut off the extra felt from headband.
- Making The Lamb’s Ears: (Each ear is made from 2 pieces of felt) Fold a piece of felt in half and use Lamb Ear Pattern.pdf to cut out one ear. Glue felt together. Repeat for the other ear. Hint: To make the ears stick out, glue the base of the ear and scrunch it together. Repeat for other ear. Now glue the ears onto the headband. Let dry.
- Finishing touch with Craft Fluffs: Cut Craft Fluffs in half and glue cut side down onto the headband and ears.