Whale Craft Project
A fun craft project to make when learning about these large aquatic mammals.
NOTE: Print out pattern as follows:
- 74% for 4″ x 8″ Mini Bags
- 100% for 6″ x 11″ Bags
- 120% for 7″ x 14″ Bags
- Cut out the Pieces: Following the pattern (Whale_pattern.pdf-See NOTE above) cut the pieces from Pacon® Construction Paper. For the spout, after cutting slits, roll bottom edge around pencil and glue. Slide pencil out and curl edges of spout outward. Let dry.
- Assemble your Whale: Open bag and fill 2/3 full with shredded or crumpled paper. Gather the end of the bag to create the whale’s fluke (tail) and secure with a rubber band.
- 3To hide the rubber band cut a 1/2″ x 4″ strip (3/8″ x 3″ strip for Mini Bags) from construction paper. Wrap over rubber band and glue.
- 4Glue the flippers and eyes on the sides and the spout on top. Draw the mouth with puff paint or with a black marker. Let dry.