**Find this bulletin board along with other inspirational decor ideas on our Classroom Decor Gallery page.
Additional materials needed:
Printer, Colored Markers, Scissors, Stapler, Double-sided Tape and/or Clear Tape, T-Pins (optional)
Steps for creating the Superhero board:
- Cover bulletin board with Night Sky Fadeless® Designs Paper.
- Create buildings by attaching Tru-Ray® Construction Paper sheets to the board. First attach Black for the buildings in the back, then Gray for the buildings in the front. For the windows on the buildings, cut Yellow Construction Paper into 1" x 2" and 2" x 2" squares and attach to the Gray and Black buildings.
- Create the border by cutting Brite Green ArtKraft® Duo-Finish Paper into 4" strips. To give the border dimension, first scrunch each strip and smooth flat. Then accordion fold each strip before stapling along the outside edges of the bulletin board. This step doesn't have to be super neat. The messier the better!
- Download the Superheroes templates and signs.
- For the word bursts (i.e. Care, Be Diligent) first you need to create seven Yellow fan ‘bursts’. Do this by cutting the Yellow ArtKraft® into 6" x 42" strips. Accordion fold the strips in 1" folds. When the entire strip is folded, form into a circle and secure with tape or staple edges together. Print and cut out signs and attach to Yellow fans. Attached finished ‘bursts’ to the bulletin board with staples or T-pins.
- Print several Superheroes templates. Have students decorate them with colored markers and attach a photo of their face to their superhero bodies. Attach each student’s superhero to the bulletin board.
- Use UCreate® Self-Adhesive Vinyl Letters and Paper Letters for the title ‘Discover your inner Superhero!’
Click “Save PDF” below to get the FREE downloadable PDF containing the superhero templates, instructions and signs you see here.